Hoof-Stuff is an antifungal and antibacterial hoof pack for plugging holes and cracks in equine hooves. Containing only naturally occurring ingredients Hoof-Stuff is non-toxic, safe and easy to use.
Its ability to stay in crevices due to its fibrous content allows it to act for longer than other packs and potions.
It’s active ingredients act not only to eliminate detrimental fungi and bacteria but also support natural healing and restoration of healthy tissue.
- Central sulcus crevices and abscess cavities.
- Shallow white line cracks and toe holes.
- Grass cracks.
Flush the crevice/ hole with Sole Cleanse and clean out as much debris as possible. Break through the wax seal on the Hoof-Stuff and draw out some fibres with a clean hoof pick. Use the hoof pick to stuff the pack into the crack, not pushing hard if there are signs of sensitivity/ it is extremely deep. For central sulcus cracks it can be helpful to leave a ‘tail’ out the back of the hoof to aid easy removal.
Remove the pack with a hoof pick after 24 hrs, if it is clean replace it with a new pack and leave for longer next time. If the pack is getting dirty then you should replace it more often.
The interval between replacements depends very much on the specific condition and environment.
Hoof Stuff or Artimud?
Hoof Stuff is generally used where the crevice is deeper and able to retain a fabric based pack. As a general rule deep & narrow = Hoof Stuff, shallow & wide = Artimud.
As a test see if damp cotton wool will pack into the crack, if it will Hoof Stuff will probably work best, if not opt for Artimud.
- Unpasteurised Honey – For it’s antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic action and also to give the product a good, sticky consistency.
- Zinc Oxide – Again for it’s antibacterial nature and ability to aid the hoof regeneration process.
- Natural Fibres – To keep the other ingredient in place in cavities and to provide ‘beneficial pressure’ to the inside of them and promote natural regrowth of healthy tissue.